16th EUROPEAN CONGRESS OF PEDIATRIC SURGERY
KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE CONGRESS
DREAMS COME TRUE
Dear colleagues, friends and guests.
- Welcome to SLOVENIA, a young Country independent since 1991, the country which has the word love in its name.
- Dreams come true.
- In 1963, Martin Luther King said I had a dream.
- In 2004, I had more than just a dream.
- I dreamt to establish the Slovenian Association of Pediatric Surgery and we established it in 2007.
- I dreamt that Slovenia would be accepted as a member of WOFAPS and as well we succeeded and were accepted in 2007.
- Since 2008, I dreamt to integrate Slovenia to EUPSA and increase each year the number of our attendants and we did !
- I dreamt to educate and train the first generation of Paediatric Surgeons in Slovenia; this golden generation is now sitting with us.
- We dreamt of organizing in Slovenia the Central and Eastern European Course of Paediatric Surgery and we did it in Maribor 2011.
- We dreamt of organizing the European Congress of Paediatric Surgery of EUPSA in our country and we are doing that at this precise moment !
- We dreamt that Paediatric Surgery would be recognized in Slovenia as an autonomous specialty, just this Monday it was.
- Sincerely and modestly, but most proudly I can say that my dreams come true, our dreams have come true. You all are witnesses that we did it !
- But, this is not the end. We have new dreams to develop Paediatric Surgery in Slovenia.
- Thanks, to every one of you for believing in us and for supporting us to make our dreams come true.
PROF. SILVO LIPOVŠEK MD FEBPS